Insurance for Your Automobile
Auto insurance provides financial protection against unexpected disasters. Chances are, your home is likely one of your largest investments so it's important to properly protect it. By analyzing the specific hazards your may face at home, we help you find the correct protection to cover yourself, your family, your valuables and your house.
Call our office for a quote (806) 763-7311 or you may click below to begin your quote.
Questions to ask your agent
The Shropshire Agency is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider :
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
- Are you receiving the maximum number of credits from the insurance company.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability, medical nd uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist- pays for your damages when the at fault party doe not have insurance or enough insurance. Learn more from our latest Uninsured Motorist Blog
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Teen Driver? No problem!
We represent carriers who want to insure your teens and help them stay safe. An example of that is Central Insurance commitment to the Teen Smart program. Remember, some carriers still provide good student discounts as well.
Insuring your Homeowners and Automobile policies together with the same insurance carrier will give you substantial credit savings!
Get your quotes here
Watch How The Simple Insurance Experience™ Works for Families
For more information on Auto Insurance, please call us at (806) 763-7311 or