As Spring makes its way into our cities, it’s important to take a moment to do a little spring cleaning on our home’s maintenance. This checklist will help you prepare for the heat of summer and make sure you are ready for the changing seasons.
- Clear-up debris, overgrown shrubbery, and fallen leaves.
- Conduct a safety and maintenance check of your lawnmower.
- Use organic herbicides.
- Revisit your sprinkler system to make sure all pumps and valves are functioning properly, all heads are in excellent condition, and that it is primed for use.
- Open up outdoor water pump vales.
- Siphon away standing or pooling water and contact a specialist if the water appears to be a result of low spot or improper drainage.
Your Air Conditioner
- Change your air filters
- Have an HVAC professional visit your house to check the unit.
- Check for any leaks or pressure issues.
- Clean the condenser (outside of the unit) and evaporator (inside of the unit).
The Exterior of Your Home
- Clean the gutters to remove accumulated debris such as leaves, stick, and nests.
- Inspect the exterior of your house for any places where water may have gotten into cracks, frozen, and expanded the damage.
- Check the seals around your windows and seals to make sure they are in optimal condition. If necessary, replace seals or caulk the cracks.
- If you feel a draft when you put your hand in front of the ground near the edge of your exterior doors, consider replacing door weather-stripping.
Now is the best time to prepare for the hot summer ahead. It’s also a good time to take a look at your homeowners insurance to make sure you have the right coverage. Call us today for more information, 806-763-7311