What type of insurance do you need?

What you Need to Know About Automobile Insurance in the State of Texas



We have the BEST:    People    Products     Attitude     Services


Liability Insurance (required by the State of Texas)

You are required to carry liability insurance for all automobiles you own.  Liability coverage will pay for the damage to another person's (Liability insurance does not cover your car or your injuries) vehicle or the other persons medical bills should you be at fault in causing an accident.   The State of Texas has set minimum limits of liability that must be carried on a policy to be meet the state's financial responsibility law.  Those minimum limits are as follow:

  • $30,000 for each injured person up to a total of $60,000 per accident
  • $25,000 for property damage per accident

The limits are the minimum.  Due to the high cost of automobiles and medical treatment, these limits are probably not high enough to pay for all of the damages of a serious accident.  If that occurs, you will personally be responsible for the remaining damages to the person(s) that you injured.  

You should always consider purchasing higher limits of liability than the state minimum.  


Physical Damage to YOUR Car (optional coverage) 

Comprehensive Coverage- coverage is provided to your car for vandalism, fire, hail, falling objects or an event other than collision.  This coverage will require a deductible (amount you pay before the insurance will pay).  

Collision Coverage-  damage to your car from a collision with something else.


Medical Coverage 

Medical Payments coverage- medical and funeral expenses for people in your car or around your car such as bicyclist and pedestrians up to the limit specified on the policy.

Personal Injury Protection- medical expense plus 80% of lost income for the insured person up the limit specified on the policy.


Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (you can accept or reject)

The coverage provide insurance to you when the other party, who was at fault, either does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance to pay for your damages.

There are separate limits of insurance for Bodily Injury and Property Damage.


Towing (optional) 


Rental Reimbursement (optional)

Provides a rental car to you while your car is being repaired for damages sustained to your auto by a covered loss. You will be asked to select the daily limit for your policy.


There are numerous coverage and deductible options for your family to consider.  Call us now at (806) 763-7311 so we can you find the best policy and coverage for your family.


Check out some of our Personal Auto blogs by clicking here.

If you prefer an Online Quote 


Our Customer Feedback

Our latest blogs

  • GuideOne
  • Hanover
  • Hartford
  • Travelers
  • Safeco
  • StateAuto
  • Progressive
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
Shropshire Insurance
Social Icon Social Icon Social Icon Social Icon Social Icon
© Copyright. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder